rivotril 1 mg tablet price
$318.00 – $846.00Compare
rivotril 1 mg tablet price
Indications of Rivotril 1 Tablet
It’s used to treat panic disorder, both with and without agoraphobia. Panic disorder is defined by the occurrence of unexpected panic attacks, as well as the fear of having further attacks and concern about the implications or consequences of the attacks.It’s also used to treat Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (petit mal form), akinetic seizures, and myoclonic seizures, either alone or in combination. Patients with absence seizures (petit mal) who have not responded to succinimides may benefit from it.Clonazepam’s effectiveness in long-term use, defined as longer than 9 weeks, has not been well investigated in controlled clinical research. If a physician decides to use Clonazepam for a longer period of time, he or she should reevaluate the drug’s long-term effectiveness for the patient on a regular basis.
Pharmacology of Rivotril 1 Tablet
Clonazepam has pharmacological properties common to benzodiazepines and includes anticonvulsant, sedative, muscle relaxant and anxiolytic effects. The central actions of benzodiazepines are mediated by enhancement of GABAergic neurotransmission at inhibitory synapses. In the presence of benzodiazepines, the affinity of the GABA receptor for the neurotransmitter is enhanced by positive allosteric modulation, leading to an increased effect of the released GABA on the postsynaptic transmembrane chloride ion flux.
There are also animal data showing the effect of clonazepam on serotonin. Animal data and human EEG investigations have shown that clonazepam rapidly suppresses many types of paroxysmal activity, including spikes and surges in absence seizures (petit mal), slow spikes, spikes generalized waves, time spikes or other locations as well as wave spikes and irregularities. General EEG abnormalities are more often suppressed than focal abnormalities. According to these results, clonazepam is useful in generalized and focal epilepsy.
Dosage & Administration of Rivotril 1 Tablet
- Adults: The initial dose for adults with seizure disorders should not exceed 1.5 mg/day divided into three doses. Dosage may be increased in increments of 0.5 to 1 mg every 3 days until seizures are adequately controlled or until side effects preclude any further increase. Maintenance dosage must be individualized for each patient depending upon response. Maximum recommended daily dose is 20 mg.
- The initial dose for adults with panic disorder is 0.25 mg given in two divided dose. An increase to the target dose for most patients of 1 mg/day may be made after 3 days.
- Pediatric Patients: In order to minimize drowsiness, the initial dose for infants and children (up to 10 years of age or 30 kg of body weight) should be between 0.01 and 0.03 mg/kg/day but not to exceed 0.05 mg/kg/day given in two or three divided doses.
- Infants and children: half of a vial (0.5 mg) by slow IV injection or by IV infusion.
- Adults: 1 vial (1 mg) by slow IV injection or by IV infusion. This dose can be repeated as required (1-4 mg are usually sufficient to reverse the status). In adults, the rate of injection must not exceed 0.25 – 0.5 mg per minute (0.5-1.0 ml of the prepared solution) and a total dose of 10 mg should not be exceeded.
Interaction of Rivotril 1 Tablet
Clonazepam does not appear to impact the pharmacokinetics of phenytoin, carbamazepine, or phenobarbital. The effect of clonazepam on the metabolism of other drugs has not been investigated.
Patients with a history of benzodiazepine hypersensitivity, as well as those with clinical or biochemical symptoms of significant liver disease, should not use it. It’s safe to use in people with open angle glaucoma who are taking the correct medications, but it’s not suggested for those with acute narrow angle glaucoma.
Side Effects of Rivotril 1 Tablet
Depression of the central nervous system is the most common side effect of clonazepam (CNS). Drowsiness has been noted in almost half of all patients treated for seizures, with ataxia in about a third of those. In some cases, they may improve with time; behavior difficulties have been noted in roughly 25% of patients. Aphonia, coma, tremor, vertigo, disorientation, sadness, amnesia, hallucinations, hysteria, increased libido, sleeplessness, psychosis, and palpitations are some of the symptoms that can arise.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Clonazepam should only be used during pregnancy if the possible advantages outweigh the danger to the fetus, and it is not suggested that women who are taking Clonazepam breastfeed.
Precautions & Warnings
Clonazepam may increase the incidence or hasten the beginning of generalized tonic-clonic seizures in patients who have multiple distinct forms of seizure disorders. This may necessitate the addition of or an increase in the dosage of anticonvulsants. The use of valproic acid and Clonazepam at the same time can cause absent status.
Adjunct anti-epileptic drugs, Benzodiazepine hypnotics
Keep away from light and heat in a dry location. Keep out of children’s reach.
Pharmaceutical Name of Rivotril 1 Tablet
60 Pills, 120 Pills, 180 Pills, 240 Pills, 300 Pills